HR Consultant – Midlands based
Type: Full Time, Permanent, Travel is required
Days and Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours
Role Purpose: iForce by Eddie Stobart have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced HR Consultant to join their growing HR team. Based in the Midlands, with UK travel, you will be a key player in providing effective and efficient employee relations services to the company and individual employees.
Looking after employees, you will be responsible for developing relationships with both the Managers and employees, managing your own varied caseload.
What will I be responsible for?
- Advising managers on employment matters including interpretation of legislation, company policies and their application
- Maintaining good employee relations and, where necessary, support investigatory/disciplinary/grievance and appeal hearings
- Undertake and assist with HR projects as and when requested
- Maintain accurate records and statistical information
- Assist with the preparation of tribunal applications and support proceedings as required
- Liaise and direct occupational health referral to ensure job-related advice is provided to aide rehabilitation and reduce absence levels
- Deliver training to managers and representatives on all employment policies and procedures
- Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders
What kind of person are you looking for?
As the ideal candidate for the HR Consultant post, you will have a minimum of 3 years generalist HR experience, preferably unionized.
You will have strong commercial awareness with experience of coaching, communicating and negotiating with stakeholders. You will also have your Level 5 CIPD and be willing to study towards your Level 7 CIPD or be qualified by experience.
A proven track record in successfully dealing with complex employee relations issues would be essential in order to have the ability to develop a good understanding of business issues. You will be able to demonstrate previous contributions to the management of change successfully and have experience of on restructuring programs, including TUPE and changes to terms and conditions
If you wish to apply, please send your up to date CV and covering letter to: John Boyd, HR Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 2nd August 2019.
iForce is an equal opportunities employer.